Sometimes things happen in the early years… Physiotherapy can help.
ON GOOGLE MAPS
Our physiotherapist Vivian Pham provides tailored assessments and subsequent management of a wide variety of musculoskeletal and movement disorders affecting infants and children.
Who can benefit from paediatric physiotherapy?
- Babies (term or premature) who have not achieved the following motor milestones by these ages:
- Rolling – 4 months
- Sitting – 6 months
- Crawling – 9 months
- Walking – 14 months
- Babies and children with unusual movement patterns like:
- Bottom shuffling
- Toe walking
- Children who are struggling with motor skills such as:
- Children who are uncoordinated or clumsy
- Children with disabilities such as:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down syndrome
- Brain injuries
- Spina Bifida
- Muscular dystrophies
- Other congenital syndromes or conditions
- Babies and children with conditions affecting their bones, joints or muscles, such as:
- Plagiocephaly (flattened head shape)
- Clubfeet/flat feet
- Overly flexible joints
- Children following an injury, sickness or trauma who require rehabilitation to get back to their best such as:
- Post MVA
- Post long hospital/ICU stay
- Post physical abuse
Vivian developed a strong interest in paediatrics through her experience with tutoring and mentoring primary and high school students. She has worked extensively with children who have conditions such as torticollis, plagiocephaly and developmental delay. Vivian will spend time building rapport with your child and use a play based approach to facilitate motor learning and strength development. She aims to deliver individualised exercise programs to support children and their families towards their goals.
On the weekends, Vivian enjoys baby-sitting her cousins aged 2 and 4, spending time with family and cooking!
For more information on how paediatric physiotherapy may help your little one, contact our team on 8323 0155.
Our latest paediatric blog posts
Phone: 03 8323 0155
Fax: 03 8323 0156
Shop 17, Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre
300 Point Cook Road
Point Cook VIC 3030