10 Ways Remedial Massage Therapy Can Help You.
Massage Therapist at Life Ready Physio Bayswater
It is widely known that remedial massage therapy can help with your health and well being in many ways and at Life Ready, we’re all about helping you achieve your physical health goals, either through physiotherapy, exercise physiology or remedial massage therapy!
Remedial massage is the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management. It aims to treat the original cause of your pain as well as the symptoms by using a range of specialised techniques that include, deep tissue release, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, joint mobilisation and stretching or strengthening exercises.
Generally, people use massage for either general relaxation or to address a specific complaint or injury such as pain or limited range of motion, but remedial massage therapy can help in many more ways including:
1. Physical relaxation
2. Improve circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
3. Relief for tight muscles and other aches and pains
4. Release of nerve compression (carpel tunnel, sciatica)
5. Increase flexibility
6. Enhance energy and vitality
7. Helps your muscles recover more quickly from exertion and fatigue
8. Helps to re-establish your proper muscular tone
9. Heals scar tissue
10. Prevents muscular atrophy (wasting from injury and paralysis)
Massage can also be very helpful to treat a wide range of conditions such as:
- Carpel tunnel
- Pregnancy – related back pain and other discomfort
- Sore/overused myscles
- Anxiety and stress
- Sleep deprivation and fatigue
At Life Ready Physio, we are able to adequately assess your pain or injury and formulate a customised massage treatment plan to help get you on the path to living life at your best potential!
Editor’s Note: To make a remedial massage appointment with Christine, call our Bayswater reception team on 6313 4040, email email@example.com or book online.