By Emma Bramfit
Remedial Massage Therapist at Life Ready Physio Point Cook
Before we ask who needs and benefits from a remedial massage, we must ask…
What is remedial massage?
The word remedial comes from the Latin term “remedium”, signifying “cure, medicine”. So essentially, a remedial massage is a clinical approach to soft tissue damage (muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues) to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management.
Remedial massage is then used to locate and repair the damaged areas of the body and speed up the body’s own healing processes.
What benefits do you get from a remedial massage?
Aside from the fact that a good massage makes you feel amazing, there are other benefits to booking a remedial massage, and some of these include:
- Increases circulation
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Decreases tension in muscles
- Improves quality of sleep
- Boosts immunity
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility
When should you go and see a remedial massage therapist?
There are many reasons to book a remedial massage, as there are endless benefits from getting a treatment. A few examples are:
- When you have tight or stiff muscles
- If you are feeling stressed
- Suffering from headaches
- Experiencing low back pain
- Delayed-onset muscle soreness or ‘DOMS’
- Trying a new sport for the first time
- If you want to improve your flexibility.
- Prevention or management of injury
So finally… Who will benefit from a remedial massage?
- From professional athletes to a stay at home parents
- Labourer to office workers!
The beauty of a remedial massage is that it can be done on people of all ages, shapes and sizes, without any risk to you, providing that you do not have an acute injury, like a sprain or fracture.
Book your next remedial massage by contacting your local Life Ready team today and experience the wonderful benefits of a remedial massage!