8 Tips for the Pram Pushers with Life Ready Physios’ Sarah Phillips
Running or walking with a pram and your bub has you pushing a considerable amount of weight while exerting all that energy to just keep on moving. Your posture could be the difference between pain and performance at the 2015 Chevron City to Surf for Activ. So here are some tips for on optimal posture while running with you pram and enjoying it!
- Arm placement; set up your pram handlebars so that your elbow is at 90 degrees to the bars, it doesn’t have to be exact as long as your hands aren’t too high or low
- Keep upright: no bending forward through your hips; imagine a straight line from the top of your head, down through your back, hips, knees and ankles
- Relax your shoulders think down and back – this is easier to achieve if your look forward rather than downward
- Push with your body. Let momentum do most of the work; bend your arms, bring the stroller closer to your body and rely on the momentum than pushing your load – this will conserve your energy and actually make it enjoyable!
- Running uphill don’t end up pushing with your arms as it’s easy to lose your upright posture, keep your stroller close – let your legs do all the work!
- Running Downhill: when you’re going downhill gravity is doing it all for you so just keep your hand on the brake to keep the pram rolling at the same pace as your running stride
- Keep the kids entertained
- Enjoy yourself and good luck!